Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Ko te whakanui i a Matariki (Tell me, what does this say??:D)


Kia Ora!

---------------------------------------

Welcome back to my blog!

(Sadly, google translate isn't very accurate with translations. Things have changed since it was made. Soo, just TRY to understand it when you put it through translate. ;-;)

The holidays are over and now, we're starting off with some JUICY Maori stuff. 

More specifically, the celebration of Matariki.

(Well, we didn't exactly START with this, before was the cross country. -_-)

And I've created a DLO about it! I read a few pages and answers some questions which taught me a lot about the celebration of Matariki.

There really isn't much to say...

EXCEPT FOR:

Please read, comment, and enjoy!

(Man, that one sentence has been brought up through the years, ever since my FIRST blog post! Ahh, memories! :P)

---------------------------------------



                    ^
                    |
                    |
                    Full Screen :D


Well... How was it?

Did you learn anything new from reading this?

Are there any other things that you would like to mention that I might have not known?

What do you do on the day of Matariki?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hana. I did learn someting new from reading your blog. I didn't know anything about Matariki.
    Interestingly enough some people still make decisions based on the stars. People are very interesting. :-)
    Oh and I also wanted to mention that this was very well presented, with some nice, simple, but applicable artwork. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hana
    Lovely work! It is interesting and pretty to look at and your presentation ideas are relevant.
    The new thing I learnt was that Matariki isn't visible everywhere in NZ.
    Another interesting thing is how many cultures this cluster of stars is/was important to.
    I always try to do some kind of art with my class for Matariki and cook food using tikanga Maori foods and flavours. Here are some links to some recipes I am trying (belatedly) this weekend: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/300050730/recipe-for-matariki-ovencooked-hng-kono and https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/300050891/recipe-kmara-and-orange-cake-with-toffee-sauce.
    Do you do anything special for Matariki or is there anything you like about it?
    Ka kite
    Ms Lange

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.